TERMS & CONDITIONS:
I. TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Welcome to www.bombax.in website and mobile applications collectively called “software”. Please note that all these proprietary softwares are operated by Bombax Couriers LLP (herein referred to as “Bombax” or “The Company”). Bombax is a unique, innovative, hybrid Logistics company that offers technology + supply chain solutions.
Scope of Services:
The Website and the Software are technology-based platforms which provide LOCAL, DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL Courier and transportation and delivery services (“Services”) to customers who/which wish to avail the Services of the Company.
- You agree to take full care while making a booking request for the Services on the Website or the Software and further represent and warrant that the details provided are true, complete and accurate in all aspects.
- You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit, debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment for the services requested.
- You agree that you are the owner or have legal right of possession of the goods and the transportation of goods ordered by you as part of the Services.
- On the placement of a booking request for the Services, using telephone, the Website or the Software, the system will send an order number via SMS on your registered mobile number and/or e-mail on registered e-mail ID respectively (“Confirmation Message”) confirming the receipt of a booking request within twenty (20) minutes of placing the booking request if such request is made within the operational hours of the Company, and on the next day if such request is made after the operational hours of the Company.
- For provision of Services outside the operational hours of the Company, you may contact the Company for further information regarding the terms and conditions of such Services. In case of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the booking request placed and Confirmation Message received or in the event of non-receipt of any Confirmation Message, you must inform the Company immediately.
- You undertake that the details set out in the order placed by you are true, correct and accurate in all substantial respects and no material fact is suppressed or is omitted.
- Any material mismatch in the description of the goods as set out in the order and the goods shall be your responsibility and you undertake to indemnify the Company from any loss or damage due to such discrepancy.
- In the event any delivery of goods is delayed or is returned from its destination on account of such a mistake by you or any such discrepancy in the description of the goods as set out in the order, any additional costs incurred by the Company for re-delivery of the goods shall be borne and paid by you alone.
- You must ensure that at the time of handover of goods and at the place of delivery of the goods, adequate arrangements, including access where necessary, are in place for the safe loading and unloading of the goods, if required. The Company shall not be held liable for any damage, cost or expense incurred to such goods or premises where it arises as a result of a failure on your part to provide adequate access/ address or any other instructions or arrangements for handover of goods by you and delivery of the goods by the consignee.
III. INSURANCE POLICY:
- Insurance can only be availed of for parcels and booked under ‘non-documents’.
- For all bookings of valuable parcels, the customer must declare the value and have a recent tax invoice as proof of the value (less than 3 months old).
- The customer must select “Insure Parcel” option in the software and pay the 2% + GST insurance charges on the total value of the parcel to avail of any claim in case of loss or severe damage in transit.
- A copy of the recent tax invoice will have to be handed over to the delivery agent at the time of pick up of the parcel and contents of the parcel can be inspected by the delivery agent before accepting the shipment.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that that parcel is adequately packed and is secure and will bear the wear and tear of transit. The company will not accept any liability if the packaging is damaged whilst in transit.
- In the event the parcel is lost or severely damaged whilst in transit and insurance has not been selected and paid for by the customer, the company will bear NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER for any damage or loss.
- In the event the parcel is lost or severely damaged whilst in transit and insurance has been paid for by the customer, and the packaging and all supporting documents are in order including recent tax invoice as proof of the value of the shipment, then the company will bear 70% of the value of the shipment up to a maximum liability of Rs. 25,000.
- Under no circumstances customer should place orders with value more than Twenty Five thousand rupees without prior written confirmation from the management team of Bombax.
IV. ACCEPTANCE POLICY:
- The Company, in its sole and absolute discretion, also reserves the right to refuse to accept and / or cancel any orders if: (i) it is of the opinion that a customer is indulging in a fraudulent transaction, or (ii) it suspects that a customer has undertaken a transaction which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or (iii) the goods to be delivered are unavailable, or (iv) the address of pickup or delivery of goods falls outside the area of delivery/service zone of the Company, or (v) failure to contact a customer by phone or email, or (vi) failure to deliver an order due to lack of information, direction or authorization from the customer, or (vii) for any reason outside the control of the Company including causes for delivery related to logistical complications.